We are not designed to sit at a desk for long periods of time. Even if you sit on a good ergonomic chair, it is often not used or set up correctly. The Axia Smart Chair was designed with this in mind.
Independent research has shown that providing feedback on someone’s posture has a positive effect on their seating behaviour. That is exactly what the Smart Chair does.
Through a clever sensor system the Smart Chair, like a personal sitting coach, gives users feedback on their sitting behaviour and posture. This will raise the user’s awareness towards their seated posture. Ultimately this will lead to an improved overall posture and a healthier style of working.
- Four Sensors in seat and two sensors in back cushions to register posture
- Label on the seat to indicate live posture and average seating score
- Sensors distinguish between seven postures
- Vibrating signal in seat to remind user to assume good posture
- Modular system, smart chair cushions can be retro fitted on existing Axias: Axia 1.0 and Axia 2.0
- Battery life seven years
- Additional software Axia Smart Insight and Axia Smart Cloud helps to access and analyse the gathered seating data